Saturday, 18 May 2013

Week 7 Reflective Blog

Hi Everyone This week I want to reflect on my project. This is the third week since I have started working on this project. There was significant increase in learners’ motivation. By the end of the second week, almost all the students joined the group and started posting their tasks. I did not make up my mind at that time about rubric. I wanted to motivate them to join the group, get used to make posts, edit them and tell them later about rubric for correction. From the beginning of the third week I started to drag their attention to the importance of making corrections to their mistakes. I encouraged them to edit their own work by themselves and to help each other in peer correction. I told them if a student corrects him/her self by himself/herself, he/she will get one extra mark. And if a student helps another student, he/she will also get extra mark. Now after completing this post I will check my students’ response.Then I will send them the rubric to correct their own work and their colleagues' too. Thanks Nada

1 comment:

  1. Hello Nada,

    I am really impressed with all the work you've done so far. Looks like you've been working really hard.

    I also like your idea of how to encourage students to correct each other's mistakes. Although it seems to increase their extrinsic motivation, I think, eventually, students will really appreciate this activity and become motivated intrinsically.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete