Thursday, 6 June 2013
Week 10 Reflective Blog
Hi everyone
As many said before, this course is really awesomely beautiful. All the sources and links we covered through the nine weeks were completely new for me. That is why I personally 100% benefited from this course.
I kept and saved most of the links to my delicious page, but not completed them yet. The weeks about ‘the one computer classroom’, ‘Multiple Intelligences’ and ‘Learning styles’ were very rich and valuable. I benefited a lot from them. I even, started teaching my students about Multiple Intelligence Approach, which is an essential approach in one of the courses I teach to my MA students. I was very confident to help them with articles and links from this course. I used a lot of materials from this course to support my old materials or sometimes replaced them with current and updated materials from this course.
The Power Point Presentations were also very useful. It is not a matter of writing on slides, but how to use these slides to draw learners’ attention and reach pre-determined goals. Creating effective PPPs was great.
I can’t imagine anything else you could have incorporated in this course, Donna. I personally need time to go through the other sources that I already saved to my delicious page. I need to practise how to create more on/off line games, quizzes, etc to help learners in learning. I will try my best to use if not all, but the most relevant tools with my students.
Thank you very much Donna for your help. Now, I am a new technology teacher, I love the way you help us to reach our goals.
Please, keep in touch
Many thanks
Nada
Extra sources and very interesting links that I explored during this week:
http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/about/my-best-of-series/
Larry English Website
at http://www.k12.wa.us/EdTech/TeachLearn.aspx
This link is very useful: http://www.cast.org/teachingeverystudent/
Watch a video at : http://lessonbuilder.cast.org/window.php?src=videos
Universal design for learning ( the above video)UDL
The use of UDL model. I read a lesson plan at
http://www.cast.org/teachingeverystudent/toolkits/tk_modellesson.cfm?tk_id=21&tkl_id=141
‘The life cycle of plants’ , Grade 1 , introduction
Then the UDL approach at
http://www.cast.org/teachingeverystudent/toolkits/tk_modellesson.cfm?tk_id=21&tkl_id=141&disp=udlapproach
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello Nada,
ReplyDeleteit is really great that you have achieved so much through this course. I cannot imagine how much effort you have to make to successfully learn everything while working.
It has been much easier for me because I have already been experienced in aspects that have been presented to us. Although, I also have found it difficult sometimes to fit everything into my schedule.
I also like Delicious.com for storing useful websites and need some time to organize it in my own categories to look desired websites up faster.
Nada, I would like to congratulate you on your successful work and hope all of us stay in touch to share our practices.
Monika
Hello Nada,
ReplyDeleteYou have been an excellent course participant, and your students are very lucky to have you as their teacher! I wish you the very best in all you do.
A great big hug to you,
Donna