Saturday, 13 April 2013

Reflecting on Week 2

Since the beginning of week 2 I have been worrying about completing the tasks of the week. Each task requires readings. It had been very clear for me since the beginning of this course and from the  type of rubrics of the different tasks that we would  not be able to do them unless we do a lot of related readings. That is why I started reading the materials for the ABCD objectives a bit early. I finished reading about these objectives at reasonable time. But, I suddenly discovered that I should have done the Web Searching task first due to the date assigned by Donna.  So, I did not have rest, but continued reading for the Web Searching task and submitted it on time.
 I benefited a lot from reading many articles, they remind me a golden era when I was an MA student at the Faculty of Education-University of Khartoum, and when we started lessons on methods of teaching and learning English as a foreign language. We had argumentative discussions on  Bloom’s Taxonomy and the revised taxonomy which is known as the Revised Bloom’s Taxonomy. Detailed information can be found on the following links:
We can find Bloom’s Taxonomy Chart at
I’m  sure that we need more time to understand the different levels in Bloom’s chart so as to write accurate objectives that our students can understand.
The searching engines were great, but I need more time to surf all of them and to practise searching topics. I think I have to do this on Sunday and Monday as I promised my MA students to practise together and to do  some exercises searching for different topics  on the internet.

I searched on Google with the topic ‘Web Search Engines’ and I found many. I looked at ‘The 10 Best Search Engines of 2013’ , ‘Search tools for the every person’, as an example by Paul Gil , I read his three key features if anyone  searches  any engine.

 

The idea of the project is so exciting. Up to the moment I keep thinking: Which class will benefit from this project?  I have access to a small class of 25 students at a private college. Also I have access to a huge class of more than 100 students with poor facilities; only OHP and a microphone at a local College. They have a strong desire to participate and they are very active. They have their own account at face book. But, I’m not sure if it will be possible to manage this large class and to reach the objectives of the project at the end or not.
I wonder what week 3 will be about. I will check the course schedule and prepare my self. I tried my best to finish my tasks by Saturdays as we start work on Sundays in Sudan. This is my strategy; otherwise I would not be able to catch up with my classmates.
Nada

1 comment:

  1. Hello Nada,

    you have done a great job with this post. Reading is inevitable to acquire any new information or knowlegde so no doubt we are exposed to it a lot.

    As for the choice of your group of the project, I would definitely go for the smaller one to be sure to be able to manage it. The project is not only about the beginning, but also about constant control, amendments, changes needed and sustainability which might be very challenging as well as exhausting.

    Good luck with your choice!

    Monika

    ReplyDelete