Sunday, 28 April 2013
Week 4 Reflective Blog
During This week I read a number of articles and browsed a number of Web Sites . I explored ideas in Jarek Krajka’s article about how CALL makes our tasks with learners easy to do.
URL: http://iteslj.org/Techniques/Krajka-WritingUsingNet.html
The second article I read was ‘Three Extensive Reading Activities for ESL/EFL Students Using E-Books (2004)’
URL: http://iteslj.org/Lessons/Liang-ExtensiveReading.html
Then I explored a number of Web Sites :
http://www.breakingnewsenglish.com/
URL: http://www.breakingnewsenglish.com/
I browsed ‘Life Science News from Around the Globe’
URL : http://www.bioquicknews.com/
The website is full of scientific topics
The Second website I browsed was
Lauri's ESL Website - grammar, vocabulary, listening exercises.
URL: http://fog.ccsf.edu/~lfried/
Then I explored other ESL links : http://fog.ccsf.edu/~lfried/links.html
Then I browsed : http://www.esl-lab.com/ for listening activities
Title of page ‘ Randall’s ESL Cyber Listening Lab’
I browsed : Free English Listening
www.listen-and-write.com
‘How to Brush Your Teeth Properly - For Kids’ I watched the video for kids
URL http://www.listen-and-write.com/youtube/show/5024
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hDZXSMU2lAk
The third website : http://a4esl.org/
‘English Vocabulary Quizzes – Medium’
URL: http://a4esl.org/q/h/9801/jc-beginvocab.html
Then I re-browsed breaking news:
http://www.breakingnewsenglish.com/1304/130414-us_masters.html
http://www.breakingnewsenglish.com/1304/130414-us_masters.pdf
I liked the two articles about how to write a lesson plan using online technology. I concentrated on a Review of a Film
At:
(the Internet Movie Database - www.imdb.com)
I also surfed the following links:
Lesson Plan Sample for Teaching English | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/way_5437668_lesson-plan-sample-teaching-english.html#ixzz2RhBsg3VB
URL: http://www.ehow.com/way_5437668_lesson-plan-sample-teaching-english.html
Lesson Plan Sample for Teaching English
By Ethan Pendleton, eHow Contributo
How to Create an ESL Listening Lesson Plan
By Nadine Smith, eHow Contributo
Read more: How to Create an ESL Listening Lesson Plan | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2152900_esl-listening-lesson-plan.html#ixzz2RhCfmly7
URL: http://www.ehow.com/how_2152900_esl-listening-lesson-plan.html
How to Create Effective Lesson Plans
By Sean Farmer, eHow Contributo
URL: http://www.ehow.com/how_8153048_create-effective-lesson-plans.html
Samples, template
URL: http://www.bizmanualz.com/sample-policies-procedures?gclid=CI7fp5jU67YCFTMdtAodgWkAUg
I really appreciate what Donna has done with us when she dragged our attention to our particular problems that using a tool technology might find a solution to. My class is a mixture of different nationalities besides the Sudanese. I have students from Ethiopia, Nigeria, and other two African countries. This makes the task a bit difficult.
This week I had a discussion with my students, I told them about the project that we are going to start together, I got different ideas from them . I also had a talk with one of the authorities in the college , I asked for permission to let my students use the lab for four hours twice a week. I also asked them to have an internet connection in the lab. They promised to do so and will check next week.
Things seem to carry on in a good way, but very busy in doing many things together at the same time!!
Thanks for today
Nada
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry, I wanted to edit my blog, have paragraphs, but I did not find the button for editing!!!
ReplyDeleteNada
Hello Nada,
ReplyDeleteIt's great to hear that you are moving along on your project. Great job!
Donna